DIY: Wow -Fermented Pineapple enzyme as healthy drink for Anti-aging and meat tenderizer!
Have you ever heard of “Bromelain”? “Bromelain” is a proteolytic enzyme. This enzyme is a good digest protein found in fresh pineapple, highly concentrated in the core and skin of the fruit. It is often used to treat muscle injuries and a digestive aid. One more important advantage of consuming Bromelain is Anti-aging!!!
Bromelain is a natural anticoagulant that works by breaking down the blood-clotting protein fibrin. Studies have found that consumption of pineapple regularly helps to fight against arthritis and indigestion. (I should have known about this earlier!!)
- Amazon also carries the following items which I used at retail prices as follows:
- Products used in this recipe and pictures:
- Apple iPhone: https://amzn.to/2sznaSb
- Pineapple: https://amzn.to/2LgJWWu
- Bromelain: https://amzn.to/2Lgdd3S
- Brown sugar: https://amzn.to/2J3cYfM
- Plastic wraps: https://amzn.to/2kG1Maf
- Ceramic knife: https://amzn.to/2LfkQYh
- Glass jar with lid: https://amzn.to/2LcY6Z2
- Bamboo chopping board: https://amzn.to/2LQt2iA
(A) For those people with acid reflux, this can cause or worsen the symptom.
(B) Eating unripe pineapple or drinking unripe pineapple juice is dangerous too.
Reason: Pineapple, this tropical fruit is highly acidic but at the same time is a fantastic source of vitamin C which is good for our immune system.
If you enjoy cooking, here is another good news just for you: by adding some pineapple juice to marinate meat for about ten minutes prior to your cooking, i.e. pork chop, you will be surprised how tender your dish will be turned out! I tried it and it works. So, this is a natural meat tenderizer without unhealthy chemicals.
I haven’t eaten pineapple for a while because the after taste is not very pleasant to my tongue. Now, for those readers with the same experience like me, here is the solution. We can gargle with some salt water as it will neutralize the effect to the pineapple which are attached to the inner tissues of our mouth, teeth and tongue.
Studies also showing that we can obtain more “Bromelain” from fermented pineapple without eating pineapple nor eating pills from unknown sources.
Let’s do it ourselves!
(DIY) The attached pictures showing the bottled pineapple flesh bottled in brown sugar the second day.
Ingredients and materials:
- Medium ripe pineapple flesh with core (washed the outside skin and air dry completely)
- Brown sugar
- Glass jar (clean and boiled in water to sterilize bacteria and air dry completely)
- Clean and dry chopping board
- Clean and dry sharp knife (I prefer ceramic knife)
- Food gloves, clean and dry
*No water, not even a drop must be added in this recipe, or it will go stale.
**The quantity portion of pineapple flesh and brown sugar is ration 2: 1 (i.e. two pounds of pineapple flesh, one pound of brown sugar)
***Some recipe uses the skin of pineapple instead of pineapple flesh and add water. That is for pineapple vinegar and not pineapple enzyme/Bromelain!!
Procedures: (The first day)
- -Wear dry food handling gloves,
- -Cut and discard the head, bottom and skin of pineapple,
- -Cut the pineapple flesh into small cubes. (do not wash),
- -Carefully layered into the bottom of the water-free glass jar,
- -Add one layer of brown sugar,
- -Continue the steps of layering,
- -Fill up to 2/3 of the jar only, (leave room for fermentation)
- -Cover the jar with dry and clean plastic wrap.
- -Cover with jar with the lid, but not tight.
2nd day and up to 3 (three) months: DAILY procedures:
- -Loosen the lid and plastic wrap and let the fermentation air out. (or the jar will be exposed).
- -Carefully use dry bamboo stick to stir the pineapple flesh and make sure they are covered by the juice.
- This fermentation cycle will take about three months to be done. After one month, you will see the pineapple flesh floating to the top of the juice. Close to the end of fermentation, about three months, all the pineapple flesh will be sunk to the bottom. We can then carefully separate the pineapple juice out and store inside a clean and water free glass jar for storage inside the refrigerator for daily consumption.
- As healthy supplement drink, pour one table spoon inside a cup and diluted it with water. You may add ice or honey!
So, moderation is the key for success and good health!
Enjoy and wish you the best of luck!
Disclaimer: This is how I prepare and drink it as a healthy drink and for entertainment. I am not responsible for any loss or damage to your health or assets as each individual’s health is different. Please consult with your doctor prior to taking this drink. Thank you!
Athene Greenwood (綠木雅妮)
讓我們自己動手吧！ （DIY）附圖顯示慬有二天的紅糖 加菠蘿肉。
- **菠蘿肉和紅糖的份量是 二比一 (即二磅菠蘿肉，一磅紅糖)
- ***一些食譜使用菠蘿皮而不是菠蘿肉，但我更喜歡菠蘿肉, 因為是做酶不是醋.
- – 穿乾食物處理手套，切掉並丟棄菠蘿的頭部，底部和外皮，
- – 分層放入無水罐的底部，
- – 加入一層紅糖，
- – 繼續分層的步驟，
- – 只能裝滿瓶子的2/3，（留出發酵空間）
- – 鬆開蓋子和保鮮膜，讓發酵空氣出來。(很重要,不然玻璃會爆開很危險)
- – 仔細搖動底部，確保菠蘿肉被果汁覆蓋。
Athene Greenwood (綠木雅妮)